More details about our kung fu program
What can you expect from our Adult and Teen Kung Fu program?
- Feel Healthier
- Increased Overall Body Flexibility
- Learn Effective Self-Defense
- Feel Empowered and Confident
- Be Energized and Inspired
- Join A Goal Oriented Community
Our Adult and Teen Kung Fu classes teach traditional kung fu forms including animal forms, weapons and many other effective self-defense techniques. Shaolin students are left with the experience of being empowered and confident in all aspects of their lives. They leave class knowing they have the ability to defend themselves and their families should the need ever arise.
Practicing Kung Fu results in improved flexibility, mental focus and memory, and a chance to meet great supportive people sharing the common goal of learning Adult and Teen Kung Fu as an ancient art form, a fighting system, and a means to meet your potential in all areas of life. To be a master of kung fu means to be a master of yourself.
Shaolin Center of Seattle Kung Fu puts the needs of the student first while transforming the mind and body. The instructors and fellow students help create an amazing community that supports you in every aspect of your life that goes beyond just fitness.
What can you NOT expect from our Adult and Teen Kung Fu program?
A competitive environment. We teach a martial art not a sport. We do not engage in tournaments or competitions. We teach confidence, discipline, and how to defend yourself.
The Kung Fu knowledge taught at the Shaolin Center of Seattle is comprised of various colorful styles of skill and training, making up the Shaolin System available today.
Some of the forms and styles we teach are:
- Black Tiger (Hei Hu)
- White Crane (Pai Hao)
- Monkey (Hou Chuan)
- Preying Mantis (Tang Lang)
- Tiger/Crane form (He/Hu Suang Hsing)
- Shaolin Original Five Animal form (Shaolin U Hsing Chuan)
- Ta Mo’s I Chin Ching (Muscle-Tendon Change Classic)
- Tai Chi Chuan( Grand Ultimate Fist)
- Pa Kua Chang (8 Changes of the Palms)
- Hsing I Chuan (Mind/Form Fist)
Classical Weapons Training
- Monk’s Staff (Pang)
- Broadsword (Tao)
- Kwan Tao
- Spear (Chiang)
- Double-edged Sword (Chien)
- Tiger Hook Swords (Hu Tou Gou)
- Butterfly Swords (Tie’ Tao)
- Iron Fan(San)
- 3-Sectional Staff (San Chie Kuen)
- 9-Sectional Steel Whip (Chou Chie San Pien)
- Hua Mountain Fist
- Northern & Southern Fist
- Chi Na