What can you expect from our Adult Tai Chi program?
- Release Body Tension
- Find Greater Balance
- Find An Inner Stillness
- Leave Class Feeling Energized
- Center Your Mind and Body
Tai Chi was propagated throughout China over 800 years ago as a way for accomplished martial artists to supplement their training. Over the centuries, practitioners discovered they were less prone to disease and chronic illness, and enjoyed a better quality of life in their later years.
Since the mid-20th century, countless medical studies around the world have documented the health benefits of Tai Chi. Tai Chi practice has been credited with alleviating back, knee and arthritis pain, increasing balance, improving strength, muscle tone and bone density, and reducing stress and all the symptoms that go along with it. More focused studies showed that the slow, circular movements assisted in everything from recovery after stroke, improved quality of life during and after cancer treatment, and a better night's sleep to those suffering from insomnia.
According to the Mayo Clinic Tai Chi Can Lead To:
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Increased energy and staminamargita and brian tai chi
- Increased flexibility, balance and agility
- Increased muscle strength and definition
Some evidence indicates that Tai Chi also may help:
- Enhance the immune system
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Improve joint pain
- Improve symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Improve overall well-being in older adults
- Reduce risk of falls in older adults
The Shaolin Center of Seattle combines low-impact warm-ups and Chi Kung postures to engage the entire body prior to starting the Tai Chi form. The adult classes are open to all fitness levels and physical abilities. Join us weekday mornings to revitalize and re-energize your mental, physical and spiritual health.